New Takata Lawsuit Filed – Texas Takata Lawyers
This week, the Texas Takata lawyers at Morrow & Sheppard LLP filed a new personal injury-products liability lawsuit in Harris County District Court in Houston, Texas involving a defective Takata airbag.
The client was working at the Port of Houston in August 2013 when the Ford Ranger she was driving was involved in a crash. The airbag ruptured and/or failed to deploy properly, and the victim suffered contusions, burns, head injuries, and other serious injuries as a result. She has missed nearly two years of work and doctors say she is permanently disabled.
The client has asserted claims against Takata Corporation, TK Holdings Inc. (a Takata subsidiary); Highland Industries, Inc. (a Takata affiliate); and Ford Motor Company. The claims include strict liability , negligence, gross negligence, and breach of warranty for:
- Failure to properly test the air bags;
- Designing the air bags with defective inflators;
- Distributing/selling the air bags with defective inflators;
- Selling the air bags without proper warnings and instructions;
- Choosing to disregard and ignore generally accepted principles of hazard control (“design, guard, and warn”) as well as the obligation to hold public safety paramount; and
- Failing to take reasonable steps to inform Plaintiff and the vehicle owners that the air bags were defective.
The client seeks damages of up to $5 million including compensatory damages, actual damages, consequential damages, lost future income, lost past income, past medical care, future medical care, past pain and suffering, future pain and suffering, past mental anguish, future mental anguish, past impairment, future impairment, past disfigurement, future disfigurement, past loss of household services, future loss of household services, interest on damages (pre- and post-judgment), court costs, expert witness fees, deposition costs, exemplary damages, and other relief as the Court may deem just and proper.
Texas Takata Lawyers at Morrow & Sheppard Assist Victims Nationwide
Our Houston injury lawyers assist victims and family members who are involved in catastrophic and deadly Takata accidents nationwide.
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured or died in a motor vehicle or trucking accident, please contact us now for a free, confidential consultation to discuss whether you may be entitled to bring a claim against Takata or another company.