We are proud and excited to help students achieve their goals of furthering their education.
Morrow & Sheppard LLP is a law firm founded by Nick Morrow and John Sheppard. Both partners are Houston lawyers representing clients with cases relating to maritime injuries, truck accidents, oil field accidents, and other types of civil and commercial litigation. It can be very difficult to pay for college, and the expense can be a heavy financial burden. Morrow & Sheppard LLP offers this legal scholarship to students starting their journey into college and to those intending to explore a legal career, as a way to provide financial assistance.
The winner of this scholarship will receive $500 towards their education. Any high school senior or current college student who is interested in pursuing law within the U.S. is allowed to apply.
How To Apply:
- Write an essay between 750 – 1,500 words, explaining why you wish to pursue a law degree and how you intend to make a difference.
- Provide the below information in a form with your attached essay:
- Full name
- Phone number
- Social media links (if applicable)
- Current school
- Current GPA
- Intended college and major
- Any extracurricular or volunteer activities
- Submit your information and essay below.
The winner will be chosen based on a combination of writing skills, academic qualifications and extracurricular activities.
- Must be a high school senior or currently in college within the United States.
- Must be enrolling in, or show proof that they are actively in an undergraduate program for the upcoming 2019 Fall semester. (Can be four year university or community college.)
- Must in good faith intend to pursue a degree in law.
- Must submit application and essay via email by July 10th, 2019. Late applications will not be considered.
- Essay and application must be in English.
- By entering, you give us permission to share quotes from your essay and first name on our website, social media pages, etc. We will not share your contact information or full name.
- If you are under the age of 18 you must have permission from your parent/legal guardian. By submitting your application, you represent that parental permission has been granted.
A winner will be selected and contacted by e-mail on August 1st, 2019. If no written response is received within one week we will choose a new winner.
Submit Your Application & Essay
Completed applications must be submitted no later than July 10th, 2019. Application materials should be submitted in .pdf, .doc or .docx format only.