What Oil Refineries Are In Texas?
Below is a list of the active oil refineries in Texas, as well as their operator, location, year of construction, barrels of oil per day capacity, and number of workers.
Have They Had Safety Incidents?
All of these oil refineries have had significant safety issues and industrial accidents. A few examples of these accidents are listed.
|Refinery Name||Owner/Operator||Location||Year Built||Barrels/day||Employees|
|Baytown Refinery||ExxonMobil||Baytown, Texas||1920||584,000||2,200 Exxon|
|Big Spring Refinery||Alon USA||Big Spring, Texas||1928||73,000||200|
|Beaumont Refinery||ExxonMobil||Beaumont, Texas||1903||365,000||2,000 Exxon|
|Borger Refinery||Phillips 66/Cenovus||Borger, Texas||1927||146,000||720 Phillips 66|
|Corpus Christi Complex||Flint Hills Resources||Corpus Christi, Texas||1952||300,000||1,000|
|Corpus Christi Refinery||Citgo||Corpus Christi, Texas||1930s||157,000||1,000|
|Bill Greehey East & West Refineries||Valero||Corpus Christi, Texas||1983||325,000||820 Valero|
|Deer Park Refinery||Shell Oil Company||Deer Park, Texas||1929||340,000||1,700|
|Double Punch Refinery||Barton Refining||Austin, Texas||24|
|El Paso Refinery||Western Refining||El Paso, Texas||1928||128,000||450|
|Galveston Bay Refinery||Marathon Petroleum Company||Texas City, Texas||1934||451,000||1,925 Marathon|
|Houston Refinery||Lyondell||Houston, Texas||1918||268,000||1,300|
|Houston Refinery||Valero||Houston, Texas||1942||160,000||450|
|Independent Refinery||Stratnor||Houston, Texas||50,000|
|McKee Refinery||Valero||Houston, Texas||1933||170,000||450|
|Nixon Refinery||Blue Dolphin||Nixon, Texas||1980||15,000||53|
|Pasadena Refinery||Petrobras||Pasadena, Texas||1920||100,000||363|
|Port Arthur Refinery||Total||Port Arthur, Texas||1936||174,000||600|
|Port Arthur Refinery||Motiva/Shell||Port Arthur, Texas||1903||600,000||2,000|
|Port Arthur Refinery||Valero||Port Arthur, Texas||1901||310,000||820|
|Penreco||Calumet Penreco LLC||Dickinson, Texas||1940s||1,300|
|San Antonio Refinery||Calumet||San Antonio, Texas||1955||17,500|
|South Hampton Refinery||Arabian American Development||Silsbee, Texas||1955||6,000||100-250|
|Sweeny Refinery||Phillips 66||Sweeny, Texas||1942||247,000||1,250|
|Texas City Refinery||Marathon Petroleum Company||Texas City, Texas||1931||84,000||275 Marathon|
|Texas City Refinery||Valero||Texas City, Texas||1908||245,000||480|
|Three Rivers Refinery||Valero||Three Rivers, Texas||1974||100,000||305|
|Tyler Refinery||Delek Refining Ltd.||Tyler, Texas||Pre-1963||60,000||270|
Our personal injury attorneys at Morrow & Sheppard have the skills and experience to help you and your family secure the compensation you deserve when you or a loved one is injured at an industrial facility, plant, or refinery.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a oil refinery accident, you may be entitled to compensation. Contact our industrial accident lawyer for a free, confidential consultation to discuss your legal rights before they are jeopardized by a corporation, employer, or insurance company. Your consultation will be kept secret, and it does not obligate you to hire our personal injury law firm or file a claim.
Contact Us for a Free Confidential Consultation Today!
- What Should I Do Right Now?
- Why Do I Need To Act Fast?
- Should I Sign Anything Or Give A Statement?
- I Don’t Live In Texas. What Should I Do?
- Will My Case Settle?
- I Don’t Know If I Can Afford A Lawsuit – How Much Does It Cost?
- What About Doctors & Medical Bills?
- What If My Employer Finds Out?
- What Is a Personal Injury?
- What is the Purpose of a Personal Injury Claim?
- What Will My Personal Injury Claim Be Worth?
- What Compensation Will I Be Entitled to Receive?
- Do All Personal Injury Cases Go to Trial?
- Personal Injury Negligence
- What Is Personal Injury Negligence?
- What Must Be Shown In A Personal Injury Negligence Case?
- Who Owes You A Negligence Duty?
- Does An Employer Have Special Duties?
- What Damages Can I Recover In A Personal Injury Negligence Lawsuit?
- How Long Do I Have To File A Personal Injury Negligence Lawsuit?
- What Are Examples Of Personal Injury Negligence Lawsuits?
- No Fee Promise
- Do I Really Need a Personal Injury Attorney?
- Who Has Claims For Wrongful Death?
- What Is The Jones Act?
- What Is The Death On The High Seas Act?
- Who Is A Jones Act Seaman?
- About Other Wrongful Death Actions
- How Long Do I Have To Pursue A Jones Act Claim?
- What Jones Act Damages Can I Recover?
- Who Can I Sue Under the Jones Act?
- What Is Jones Act Negligence?
- What Are Examples of Jones Act Cases?
- Maritime Law & Unseaworthiness
- Maritime Injury Lawyer Rules
- What Evidence Matters In 18 Wheeler Trucking Or Commercial Vehicle Accidents?
- Who Is Responsible For My 18 Wheeler Or Commercial Vehicle Accident?
- What Legal Claims Am I Entitled To Bring?
- How Common Are 18 Wheeler Truck And Commercial Vehicle Accidents? Why Are They Significant?
- What Kind Of Commercial Trucks Are There?
- Are There Special Inspection Requirements For 18 Wheeler Trucks And Commercial Vehicles?
- What Are Common Causes Of 18 Wheeler Truck And Commercial Vehicle Accidents?
- Inadequately Trained Or Unqualified Drivers
- Improper Maintenance & Inspection
- Driver Fatigue
- Poor Route Planning
- Failure To Properly Secure Cargo
- Specific Issues Involving Vocational Trucks
- Hazardous Materials & Oversized Loads
- Distracted Truck Drivers
- Braking & Tire Issues
- Weather Conditions
- Alcohol and Drugs
- What Oilfields Are Active In Texas?
- What Is Shale?
- What Is Hydraulic Fracturing Or “Fracking”?
- What Does The Texas Railroad Commission Have To Do With Oil & Gas?
- What Is The Barnett Shale?
- What Is The Eagle Ford Shale?
- What Is The Granite Walsh Formation?
- What Is The Haynesville Shale?
- What Is The Permian Basin?
- How Many Oilfield Accidents Have There Been In Texas?
- Do I Have A “Strict Liability” Products Personal Injury Claim?
- What Goes Into A Products Liability Claim?
- What Is A Product Defect?
- What Kinds of Product Defects Are There?
- What If There Have Been Other Accidents Involving The Same Product
- Do I Have To Prove Negligence In A Products Liability Case?
- What Is A Product Recall?
- What If The Product Cannot Be Traced Back To The Manufacturer?
- Who Are The Defendants In A Products Liability Case?
- Do I Have Any Other Claims?
- What Damages Can I Recover?
- What Are Examples Of Industrial Accidents?
- What Is OSHA?
- What Rights Do Workers Have Under OSHA?
- What Are The Most Common OSHA Violations?
- What Is The Chemical Safety Board?
- How Old Are Most Refineries? What Condition Are They In?
- What Refineries Are Active In Texas? Have They Had Safety Incidents?
- Incidents At Alon’s Big Spring Refinery
- Incidents At Calumet’s San Antonio Refinery
- Incidents At Citgo’s Corpus Christi Refinery
- Incidents At Delek’s Tyler Refinery
- Incidents At ExxonMobil’s Baytown Refinery
- Incidents At ExxonMobil’s Beaumont Refinery
- Incidents At Flint Hills Resources Corpus Christi Refinery
- Incidents At Lyondell’s Houston Refinery
- Incidents At Marathon’s Galveston Bay Refinery
- Incidents At Marathon’s Texas City Refinery
- Incidents At Petrobras’s Pasadena Refinery
- Incidents At Shell’s Deer Park Refinery
- Incidents At The Motiva Port Arthur Refinery
- Incidents At The Valero Port Arthur Refinery
- Incidents At Total’s Port Arthur Refinery
- Incidents At Valero’s Bill Greehey East & West Refineries
- Incidents At Valero’s Houston Refinery
- Incidents At Valero’s McKee Refinery In Sunray, Texas
- Incidents At Valero’s Texas City Refinery
- Incidents At Valero’s Three Rivers Refinery
- Incidents At Western Refining’s El Paso Refinery