Eagle Ford is one of the largest oil and gas fields in the United States. It has become a major source of employment and income for residents of South Texas. Unfortunately, working in the oil and gas industry presents many risks that can lead to serious injuries or even death. This is where the importance of hiring an Eagle Ford accident lawyer comes in.
Workers become exposed to hazardous chemicals, unsafe working conditions, and long hours in extreme temperatures. If you or a loved one suffered due to an oilfield accident in the Eagle Ford region, it is important that you seek the help of an experienced Eagle Ford accident lawyer.
At Morrow & Sheppard LLP, our team of dedicated Eagle Ford Oil Shale Accident Lawyers understands the complexities of these types of cases. We constantly fight for the justice and compensation our clients deserve. We have extensive experience handling oilfield injury cases, as well as wrongful death claims resulting from oilfield accidents.
Common Causes of Oilfield Accidents
Oilfield workers often put their lives on the line while working in this dangerous industry. In fact, accidents are all too common. Some of the most common causes of oilfield accidents include:
- Equipment failure: Some equipment may have the required level of safety features, but others may not be properly maintained and can cause serious accidents. The companies are tasked with checking, maintaining, and replacing these components as necessary.
- Poorly trained personnel: If a company does not provide adequate safety training and resources to its personnel, any accident that occurs can be attributed to negligence on the part of the employer.
- Unsafe working conditions: The oilfield can be a dangerous place to work, and there are many potential hazards that can cause serious injury or death. These include working at high heights, confined spaces, hazardous chemicals, and extreme temperatures.
- Slip and fall injuries: Slick surfaces and wet conditions can cause workers to slip and fall while working in the oilfield. These falls can result in serious injuries, such as broken bones or traumatic brain injuries.
- Falling objects: An object or a piece of equipment might fall on the workers, causing serious injuries or even death.
- Ignoring industry regulations: Some oil shale industry regulations are put in place to protect workers from potential risks and dangers. If a company does not adhere to these rules, it could be held liable for any resulting accident or injury.
What to Do After Oilfield Accident?
If you or your loved one suffered an injury during an oilfield accident, it is important to seek immediate medical attention. Ensure to properly document and report the injury to your supervisor and employer.
After you have received treatment for your injuries, you should immediately file a workers’ compensation claim. This will help to ensure the proper coverage of any medical expenses you incur due to the accident. It will also help you receive a fair settlement for the injury.
You should then contact an experienced Eagle Ford Oil Shale Accident Lawyer to discuss your case. A lawyer will determine if there is a legal basis for filing a personal injury or wrongful death claim against the responsible parties. Eagle Ford accident lawyer can help you understand your rights and the legal options available to maximize your compensation. Make sure you work with an experienced oilfield injury lawyer who has the knowledge and resources to handle your case.