18-Wheeler & Commercial Vehicle Accidents
Every single day, there are thousands of 18-wheelers crisscrossing the country rushing to meet their delivery deadlines, and sharing the road with ordinary drivers. These trucks weigh up to 80,000 pounds as compared to a 5,000 Ford F-150 and are very dangerous and deadly when not operated safely.
Every year, tens of thousands of people are killed in accidents involving commercial vehicles, and more than 1 million more are seriously injured.
When accidents occur, the companies that operate these trucks and their insurance companies spend millions and millions of dollars in an effort to avoid paying compensation to the people they have injured.
Morrow & Sheppard are privileged to represent ordinary people who are hurt in trucking, 18-wheeler, and other motor vehicle accidents.
- What Evidence Matters In 18 Wheeler Trucking Or Commercial Vehicle Accidents?
- Who Is Responsible For My 18 Wheeler Or Commercial Vehicle Accident?
- What Legal Claims Am I Entitled To Bring?
- How Common Are 18 Wheeler Truck And Commercial Vehicle Accidents? Why Are They Significant?
- What Kind Of Commercial Trucks Are There?
- Are There Special Inspection Requirements For 18 Wheeler Trucks And Commercial Vehicles?
- What Are Common Causes Of 18 Wheeler Truck And Commercial Vehicle Accidents?
- Inadequately Trained Or Unqualified Drivers
- Improper Maintenance & Inspection
- Driver Fatigue
- Poor Route Planning
- Failure To Properly Secure Cargo
- Specific Issues Involving Vocational Trucks
- Hazardous Materials & Oversized Loads
- Distracted Truck Drivers
- Braking & Tire Issues
- Weather Conditions
- Alcohol and Drugs
**The statements on this page are general notes about this topic. They are not legal advice.**
**There are additional requirements and limitations that we look forward to discussing with you personally during your free consultation.**